Drawing: I am a child of the '60s

Media: pencil and marker on drawing paper. Digitally altered in Picasa. Text: Love. Love. Love.

"The world is in chaos because things are being loved and people are being used." Source unknown.

And I am thinking about the standoff in Portland today and the murders that partly precipitated it. About what melting pot used to mean and that once we were proud to call ourselves one.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" Statue of Liberty Ellis Island Foundation

Thinking about this stuff. I am a child of the 60s.

I wrote about why I started drawing big-eyed 1960s girls with the digital collage of more of these drawings