Mixed Media: Portrait of Beamer



Another nice neighbor. Another great dog. I would never want to live in an apartment building where people didn't come and go with their dogs. I like seeing the dogs as much as the people, and seeing them together is even better. My pet name for Beamer is "Little Man" because he's all grown up, very dignified, and affectionate, if a wee bit cranky sometimes when left all alone. I totally understand. I'm cranky at times, too.

This morning I woke up in despair on account of the California wildfires. I woke up in despair and also in prayer for the people impacted by those infernos. It must seem like the end of the world for many of them. California is a beautiful place, and these fires are cruel. We're praying for those who have lost their lives, lost their loved ones, including beloved pets and other animals, lost their homes, praying that after the trauma and grief they may, forthwith, be renewed.

Note about the drawing: my mixed media portrait of Beamer is made with pencil, stabilo pencil, oil pastels and oil marker on mixed media paper, cut out and attached to 9" x 8-1/2" black art paper, embellished with decorative tape and digital lettering. Gifted.