Mixed media: Namesakes

 
  


Mixed media and paper craft collage: Namesakes.

Left: This mixed media and paper craft collage "Namesakes" memorializes my great aunts Adelia & Mabel whom I never knew. Right: That's a photo of my cats Mabel & Ady. 

Adelia Elsie Schulz (portrait on the left in the collage) was born May 8, 1885 and died June 6, 1897. Mabel Olga Mork (standing on chair at center of collage) was born August 11, 1887 and died October 17, 1902. Both young girls died from respiratory illnesses, possibly flu. For many years I have visited these young girls' graves at two local cemeteries. 

Mixed Media and paper craft collage (11" x 14") made with aquastic, decorative paper, tissue paper, doily, photocopies, stabilo pencil, watercolor pencil, colored pencil, markers, gel pen, the whole kitchen sink on mixed media paper.

Here's a primitive sketch of my Norwegian immigrant ancestors accompanied by my brief essay: "We Stand on the Shoulders of Immigrants".

For more about the cats, Mixed Media: My Cats Mabel & Ady